When you first learned that you can now jailbreak iPod Touch 4G 4.2.1, you were probably thinking, “Why would I even want to do this in the first place?” There are two major reasons to begin with – first, a jailbroken device will allow more programs to run and second, you get to customize the look of your gadget.
Here are just some of the jailbreak apps and features that you get to enjoy with a jailbroken device:
• First, there’s Cydia. This is an app that’s very much like the App Store. You can install applications directly to your device without the use of a PC. Did you know that Cydia came before the App Store? Now that should give you something to think about!
• You can also install an app that can make visual changes on your iPod. Instead of the generic look that is usually seen among iPod devices, you get to customize the overall look of your gadget!
• Both the Springboard and your lockscreen will have user wallpaper. You will also have a dim wallpaper option now.
• You also get to choose thousands of themes that were specifically designed for iPod.
• You can now have live icons on your device. For instance, the clock hands will move in real time. We can’t be too sure why Apple didn’t do this in the first place but just be thankful that jailbreaking your device will make it tell the right time.
Knowing these features now, would you like to jailbreak your iPod Touch 4G now? Here’s how:
• First, you must download Greenpois0n, the software that we are going to use as an example for this guide.
• As soon as it is downloaded, move the greenpoison-osx.rc5 file to your desktop and then unzip it.
• Open this folder and then double-click Greenpois0n in order to launch it.
• Connect your PC and your iPod Touch 4G with the use of a USB cable. Power off your iPod Touch and then click on the big Jailbreak button that you see.
• Greenpois0n should display the promptings that will put your iPod Touch in DFU mode.
• Press and hold the Sleep button for approximately three seconds.
• Continue holding to this button and then press Home for ten seconds.
• Let go of the Sleep button and then keep pressing the Home button for fifteen seconds more.
• As soon as your iPod Touch 4G 4.2.1 is already in DFU mode, the jailbreaking process should begin.
• Greenpois0n should jailbreak your device. Now it’s time to click on the Quit button as soon as the application has completed its task.
• As soon as the iPod device restarts, you will see the Loader app. It reads Greenpois0n, upon seeing it, launch it.
• Choose Cydia and then install.
• As soon as Cydia is successfully installed, you will see a prompting asking you to remove Loader from the device. Just press the Remove button and then the Home button.
• Your iPod Touch should reboot.
• You now have a jailbroken device so enjoy all the additional features!
If you don’t want to go through this procedure, then you can always make use of a jailbreaking solution that will do the job in just a few minutes:
This software can be used on all models of iPod Touch so you don’t have to worry that it won’t work on yours. There is no other jailbreaking software that does the job better than this. Be able to unlock and enjoy all of the features of your device as you also customize it. Simply download, install, and let this software do its job!
If you want a surefire way to jailbreak your iPod, this is the tool to use. Visit: Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G 4.2.1 Software.
If you’re tired of always being too common, then be one of the unique owners of an iPod Touch 4G that’s been jailbroken. With such a device, you will finally be able to proudly sport it all around town and let your friends ogle over the new features. Visit: How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G 4.2.1